How to type Aleksander Mądry's last name in LaTeX
- Type “Madry”.
- Realize that the a has a little tail that you need to include.
- That’s a feature of the Polish alphabet called an ogonek.
- You type it in LaTeX like so:
- You get the error “Command \k unavailable in encoding OT1”.
- That’s because you need LaTeX to use a slightly different font package.
- In your preamble, add
- You’re done.
My thanks to the Stack Exchange articles about how to use that symbol and how to deal with the LaTeX error I got implementing that fix.